First month,
So far I have lived here for one month now and the internship project is three weeks deep at the time that I'm writing this. The weather is amazing, it is so much warmer than the Netherlands (as expected). During the day the heat can rise to 30 C. The difference with NL though is that it cools down like crazy. the difference between day and night is about 12 degrees which makes it a bit hard to wear the right clothes. Say you go to the university around 4 pm, its still nice and sunny however, when you leave around 9pm you have to make sure you brought a jacket, one of the rookie mistakes I made. Now I have to feel the consequences, the elusive Brazillian common cold. It seems that the "summer" has finally begon here in Belo Horizonte. It kicked off after a football match (pun intended), which was a bit crazy but thats for later.
So, the weather makes a whole 180 degrees turn. First it was sunny and no rain for the past 3 months and now, after the first thunderstorm on the 27th of september, it seems that the only forecast is heavy downfall with the chance of thunder, atleast for the coming week. The forecast regarding the aftermath of the football match is something else: expect people shouting and honking with a high chance of firework in the whole city for the coming 3 hours. I was not prepared.

My fellow appartment mates have a true addiction to coffee. It is know that the Dutch drink a lot of coffee but oh man. Everytime I enter the kitchen their trusty thermo-bottle is filled to the brim with the dark gold. I must say that I developed an addiction of my own, after the taste of the first sweet and sour passionfruit I don't think I can do without. The taste is just too good. The same goes for the unique Brazillian rum: Cachaca. That is definitly something I'm bringing back to the Nethelands.
This weekend we went to a concert of some DJ Dennis. I did not know what to expect so I just followed the crew. Best. Experience. So far. It was one big mess of people drinking and dancing, I loved every second of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3, What a day

Summer time