Day 1, The first of many
After saying goodbye to friends and family in the Netherlands the journey began. A flight to Lissabon was the first step and after that, a 9 hour flight to Belo Horizonte. After finally arriving in Brazil, the most kind Giordana picked me up and took us to her place where we had a drink and a bite. She told me about the do's and don'ts in Belo. For example: the neigboorhood Farfelle seems to be the place to be if you want to get robbed. Other than that it seems that the people here are very polite in a certain way: if you ask if they want something they often refuse politely but actually want to accept what you offered. Finally we drove to the place where I'm to stay for the next 5 months. the two lads who live there are very kind and helpfull, sadly I didn't talk with them much because I was exhausted from the journey. Since my internship will start on the 17th of september I will have plenty of time to explore the neighborhoods and the university. I have to do a few shoppings anyway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3, What a day